Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Venturing out of Longmont :)

I said the other day that even though I intended for this blog to be solely about Longmont events, I think I'd like to change that and at least post events or activities that my family and I would be willing to drive for. Be aware, this does not mean I'm going to post every child friendly event in Colorado (I'm only so dedicated to this thing...haha) but if something catches my eye and I think "hey, we should go to that!" then I'll try to post it here. Sound good? Ok...here's the first round with a bunch of Christmas related events!

First, we really enjoy Zoo Lights at the Denver Zoo (formerly called WildLights, not sure why they changed the name). It's open from December 7th to January 6th from 5 to 9 pm. It's fun to get all bundled up and see the animals at night along with some really cool lights!

We definitely want to go ice skating outside again this year. I have a whole post about this but we'll probably hit either WinterSkate (likely the Flatiron Crossing location) or the One Boulder Plaza ice rink in Boulder.

The 9News Parade of Lights looks like so much fun on tv. I'm not sure we'll brave it this year but it's definitely something for the future! They have two parades - Friday November 30th at 8 pm and Saturday, December 1st at 6 pm.

Another event we probably won't make it to but it looks really cool is the lighting of the Denver City and County building on November 23rd. Over 1 million bulbs are used! Check it out!

We'd also like to go to the Blossoms of Light at the Denver Botanic Gardens.

Looking to cut your own Christmas Tree? Apparently there aren't any locations in Boulder County (if you know of one, let me know!) but you can go to this site or this site for more info. I think the closest might be at the Aspen Lodge in Larimer County (just south of Estes on the Peak to Peak highway so not too far away!).

No comments: