Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No...wait...already?!

TWO DAYS of school left?? That's it? Where did the last 9 months go? I'd love to hear what fun, exciting, local plans you have for your kids this summer. Will you spend lazy afternoons at the pool, frolic in the park, keep up on that summer reading at the library, or send the kids off to a summer camp? Whatever you do I hope you come here to find out the latest local kid-friendly events! Post a comment or send me an email if you have any suggestions! :)

By the way, I've really been struggling with "advertising" on this site. Several people have emailed asking for me to post about them (with and without offers of trying their services first) and I don't know what to do! On the one hand, I frequently post about events that I have never attended before and know I'm not going to attend but posting about a public event feels different than posting basically an endorsement of a local business. Know what I mean? I'd love to hear your feedback. Would you like to know about these small, usually mom-owned businesses here in Longmont? Any suggestions on criteria I should use to decide which businesses to post about? What do YOU want when you come here?

Edited to add: Yes, I have that silly Google ad banner in the right hand column but I think I've made a whopping $1.43 off it (and they don't mail you a check until you reach $100 - haha!) so I'm not exactly doing this for the money or looking to get free stuff for myself (for you, yes! Always on the lookout for that!) :) Just wanted to clarify...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Longmont Mom!
I love getting info on the things going on in Longmont, so Thank you thank you thank you for starting this blog - As far as posting for businesses - if it is something that you would personally do or go to or think is neat, I say - Post it! If not, then don't...Thanks Again!