Sunday, January 11, 2009

Troubles commenting?

I've gotten a couple emails from people having trouble posting a comment here on the blog. I'm not sure if maybe blogger was having trouble at the time they tried to comment (three people, same day - seems a little too coincidental!) but here's some quick help on how to comment just in case it helps!

First, here's Blogger's official answer for how to comment (which, strangely, hasn't been updated to include all the options!). Basically you click on the "# comments" link underneath the post you wish to comment on and a window will pop up. If a window does not pop up, make sure you don't have popups set to be blocked by your browser or anti-virus software. Once you see the popup, type your comment and then choose who you want to post as. If you have a Google or Blogger account, log in with that username and password. You can also choose Open ID if you have another type of login such as Wordpress or LiveJournal.

The easiest two to use are Name/URL and Anonymous. If you choose Name/URL you need only type in your name (first name or a nickname or whatever) and, optionally, a URL (a link to your blog, for example) and you're good to go. If you choose Anonymous, you're done and can go ahead and click the Publish Your Comment button.

Oh and because you can find everything on YouTube, here's a super boring but informative video on how to comment :)

I don't currently have comment moderation enabled so your comment should show up immediately on the post. If you're having trouble, you can always email me your comment at longmontmom@gmail.com. Yeah, yeah, I know I haven't been very good at replying lately but I'm working on getting this blog back on my to do list! Bear with me! :)

No comments: